So, I'm making this sweater:
I got the pattern for free, so I can't complain too much, but I'm a bit out of it today, so I had a few inches done before I realized that this is only written in one size: for a 35" chest. Hmmmm....That's going to be close. I'm understanding how the pattern is engineered now though, so I'm thinking if I wanted to make it bigger, I'd just do more rounds on the circles for the front and back, so I might make adjustments accordingly later on.
I finished most of the back, but have a bit of wonkiness going on in the bind off rows for the bottom piece. I think it will be fixed when I pick up for the bottom rows, but I may need to rip some back. Ugh.
One more gripe. The sweater is knit mostly on size 17 needles, and the gauge is listed for the larger needles, but not for the smaller dpns that the pattern asks you to start out the circle in. It calls for 10.5 or 11. Well, since it didn't specify, and I had 10.5s but no 11 dpns, I used the 10.5s. The center looks a bit tight to me at the moment. Hopefully that will relax a bit when it gets blocked, but right now, it's a bit like a knitted in X-Men logo.
In any case, I'm glad I picked a varigated yarn to do this (Rowan Big Wool Fusion in Gooseberry) because I do think that's important to this design. The varigation helps to hide some of the oddities that arise due to the construction.