WittyKnits

Monday, December 05, 2005

Since I haven't shown it off yet

Here's the partially completed Hourglass sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

The ruffles aren't knitted yet, so that's why this is almost finished.

I was shocked at how quickly this sweater knit up. Even being miles and miles of stockinette, it didn't bore me. Sewing the hems down? That was a different story. I think I did pretty well on that though.

Here's the finished sweater body:



And a closeup of my hem and picot edge:



My yarn was Rowan Kid Classic in "Frilly." I think it took just over 6 balls for the whole sweater. Despite many of you commenting that you liked the tone on tone effect of some of my red/purple colors of KSH, the ruffles will be out of Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Black -- my freebie from the Rowan subscription! I'm not sure how much yarn I'll need, and I have 2 balls in that color, so that was one of the deciding factors.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. I like the picot edge. Can't wait to see what the ruffles look like!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

I've been thinking about making this for awhile now... good to hear it's such a quick knit - and love the yarn choice!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home