WittyKnits

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Probably the last FO of 2005

So, I finished up a quick project while home for the holidays. And even got to wear it to grandma's house!


Pattern: Ribbed Vest from Winter 2004/05 Vogue Knitting
Yarn: Noro Shinano Color # 8
Needles: US 10.5

The surprising thing about this? I had 5 balls of Shinano when I began. The pattern called for 6 balls of Kureyon, so I thought I was going to be skating by with the amount of yarn. But I have almost 2 whole balls left over! So I might be able to make these crazy flat-knit gloves. Fun!

Next up, that circular knit sweater that was in all the Skacel magazine ads earlier this year. I emailed them about where to get the pattern, and they sent me a free copy, so I'm making it out of Rowan Big Wool Fusion. Pretty!

Off to swatch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laughingrat said...

It turned out super cute! And it's not too short? You had worried about that a little.

8:39 AM  
Blogger The Queen of the Snow Cows said...

I love the vest! Nice job.

I emailed skacel about that pattern too. They sent me a word document with no schematic. And let's not discuss how I'm going to have to completely resize it...I'm an amazon! :)

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home