WittyKnits

Sunday, December 04, 2005

The VW Bug Cozy

So yesterday, my friends Julie and Andy and I traipsed on out to the state fairgrounds to go to Winterfair and see the results of the handiwork of the Extreme Knitting Team. The vw bug cozy came out great I think. Here's a taste:



Cute, huh?

My only disappointment is that they left me out of the credits in the program! I'm a little irked by that. I think it must have been because I dropped off my piece early. Oh well, nothing to be done about it now I suppose. I haven't yet seen the Weekender article, but I expect they used the same list.

All in all though, I didn't really do this for fame, but for the challenge of seeing if I could knit a piece to someone else's spec. And it worked.

(Is it ironic that I just posted about not looking for fame in my blog? Discuss.)

Here's a photo of me with the ass-end of the car. I did the trunk, as you may recall from my frustrated posts of a couple of months ago. Another local Stich n' Bitcher, Aunt Gerry's Yarn Spinnings, did those awesome fuzzy dice.



See, I really do wear the funky hat. Being at an art/craft fair led me to want to dress like an artist. Or something.

More photos of the cozy.

Winterfair was cool--and productive: I got several gifts while there. I also ran into someone I used to work with who is now a glass artist, and a woman who did really cool funky scarves, who I enjoyed chatting with about knitting. Such fun. Maybe someday I'll be an exhibitor.

Edit: The Columbus Dispatch article is now online.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have hated to do the seaming on that. It's really freaking cool!

8:29 AM  
Blogger auntgerry said...

Your trunk was great!.. Can you believe they put my dice on the trailer hitch. They belong on the rearview mirrow inside the car. It was fun though.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE BUG! Does this Extreme Knitting Team of which you speak have it's hands in this project, too?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotogrotto/71566432/

What a bunch of fabulous knitters in your town!

1:19 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Wow, that truly is extreme knitting! What a gas! (Pun intended!) :-)

1:51 PM  
Blogger Elsa said...

Hi Amy! I wasn't able to post an answer on your LJ site (as have no account there). Saw you had questions about my post on your project :) I'm not sure you'd have much success finding anyone in LJ to help you on translation...
I actually wasn't aware of the project until I came to your blog. So later I wrote a post on different extreme projects I had seen/found recently. Had to do some research to find more facts about where, how etc it was done. BTW, I find the outcome just fabulous! Great teamwork! :)
If more questions or wish for a more exact translations, let me know (eleiten@gmail.com), I can include a translation to the same post!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home