WittyKnits

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Five finished objects in just one day!

Having discussions about craftiness the other night was spurring my brain into design territory. I went supply shopping yesterday for a new idea I have, but I promised myself I needed to finish up my niece's outfit, that I started back in May, before I took this on.

That turned into, well, you better start the project you promised a friend a while ago too. And that was quick, so I finished it.

Then I figured, hey, I'm on a roll, I might as well finish the one FO I have sitting around that merely needs one seam sewn.

(Oh, and as I write this, I realize I finished another project just a few days ago, which just needed ends woven in, so there'll be a sixth on this post.

First up, the final part of the world's cutest baby outfit, a kid's cotton hat from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Started that last night, and finished the hat part, then knitted the icord upon waking this morning. Here it is as modeled by the ugly doll Target:








The second piece to that merely needed closures. This pattern is bekah knits' Baby Merry Jane:








The third piece of this needed the most to finish: ends woven in, collar picked up and knitted, pockets and tabs sewn on. But here it is, Anouk, as styled with the other pieces.








So while all that was blocking, I knitted up a quick earwarmer headband that Donna de la Muerte had asked me to do for her a while back. Donna crochets, but doesn't knit, so this was a services trade. :) However, Donna also finds me the most kickass buttons and such related to knitting at craft shows, so I think I'm still in the hole after this. (She's also probably doing a knitting tattoo on me in the very near future, so stay tuned for that.













And then, lo and behold, I actually decided to sew up a tank top that I started way back in 2004. Seriously, this was probably my first major purchase at a real yarn store, and I believe most of it was actually knitted on aluminum needles, something my hands couldn't take now.

This might be the world's heaviest tank top (it's double-stranded Lana Grossa Rotonda), but I think it's still pretty wearable.








And, for FO #6, we see the cash iroha gloves I started knitting last winter, and then picked up on a whim the other night, just to realize that only one glove needed ends woven in. That was simple enough while sitting around with friends, so now I also have fuzzy soft blue gloves.



Nadja's hands are much smaller than mine, but she graciously modeled.

Now I really want to go work on one of the two sweaters which are languishing half done in the other room. But maybe that's enough for one day. Maybe not.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monique said...

Boy that little ensemble is so darling! :)

9:17 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Just the shoes are great - you could do different colors of socks to match different outfits :D

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home