WittyKnits

Monday, November 28, 2005

I just know the suspense is killing you all!

Did she make it? Was the hourglass sweater modeled at Thanksgiving dinner?


Alas, no, it was not. As per usual, your narrator failed to realize just how long finishing would take her, and so after leaving the dinner table on Thursday, she commenced to sew down hems. And hems, and hems. And facings. For a sweater knit entirely in the round, there's lots of sewing on Hourglass. I finally kitchnered the underarms on Friday and wore the sweater that evening.

I'm not allowed to wear it again though until I'm one with the lace ruffles I'm going to add. I considered all the color suggestions I got here and on my other blog, but I think I'm going with the black. Mostly because I have two balls of that, when I only have one ball of most of my other Kidsilk Haze colors. I have no clue how much yarn the ruffles in my head will take.

Sweater is comfy though. Mohair is super warm.

Saturday at Stitch n' Bitch, I did cast on for a new project. Not a holiday project, which I should have been working on, but a quickie for myself: the Classic Cloche from Knit One Felt Too in Brown Sheep Prairie Silks. The pattern called for three colors, but I am only doing it in two, as the third color is used so seldom as to be obsolete. I got the hat about halfway done on Saturday and hope to get it finished tonight so I can felt it as I do laundry. Fun.

And then, I'll take some photos tonight, so you can see the progress I've made on that, the sweater, and of course, the argyle socks for my class, which are progressing slowly, but look faboo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home