WittyKnits

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Hourglass sweater so far

Not much knitting, as I'm prepping for Halloween, which is my absolute favorite holiday, but I did snap some photos of my hourglass sweater tonight:



So far, it's moving really quickly. I did decide to change the pattern a little bit. The pattern has a girlie shape, and this yarn has a bit of mohair in it, so it's got a fuzzy halo to it much like Kidsilk Haze, so I'm adding some extra-girlie touches to my version of the sweater. I got both Knitting on the Edge and Knitting Over the Edge a few weeks back, so I took some inspiration from those.

First, I decided to do a picot edge rather than the straight hem the pattern calls for:



Then, once I finish the bulk of the sweater, I've decided I'm going to knit ruffles to sew inside the cuffs and hem so it looks like there is a ruffled blouse peeking out. I have some KSH in Pearl left over from my sister's shower gift (a little over half a ball) and some in Black from my Rowan subscription gift (2 balls) so I need to figure out how far I can get with what I have. I'm leaning towards the Pearl, but I'm not sure I've got enough to do the sleeves and the bottom.

Plus, a lot of people have complained that the neck is too wide on this sweater. Now, I like a wide neckline, but I was thinking that I might be able to rig up a ruffle at the neckline to get some more coverage up there too.

In any case, I think I'm making the Girliest Sweater in the World!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home