WittyKnits

Sunday, November 06, 2005

The socks! They fit!

Perhaps it's the result of a lifetime of living as a large-footed woman in a one size fits all sock world, but I don't mind a slightly tight sock.

So the Crusoe socks, while snug, are quite comfy after all. I finished them up this afternoon and am wearing them now.



Those are my Dansko Mary Janes. Seriously the most comfy shoes I've ever owned.

Now, being that these are a little snug, even with me adding about 30% to the number of cast on stitches, these are still short little socks. So combining that with the slipped stitch pattern, they use a bit less yarn than most. I was shocked at how little really. I got this much done out of one hank of yarn!



So I have about 3/4 a hank of that left. Maybe I'll make myself a matching hat. Or combine it with another yarn for a second pair of socks. I do have a bright pink that I'm using in my argyle socks for my class that I certainly won't use a whole lot of at all.

The requisite action shot:


Yes, indeedy, I have pretty much no arches in my feet.

Pattern: Crusoe from knitty
Needles: US 1
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Irving Park

The completion of these means I have a mere two projects active on needles--the Hourglass sweater and Carlotta (and two more off season projects languishing: the dress from the summer IK cover, and the tank from the summer 04 VK cover). Oh, and the aforementioned argyle socks which are still in their infancy.

I need a small project to start on. It should be a design project, so if it is, it may get suspiciously quiet here, since that must be kept secret until the proper time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Gorgeous socks! And when I saw the shot with the shoes, I thought "I need those shoes!" And you helpfully provided all the necessary info!

Thanks for the tip about the blogroll. Actually, I did it that way to eliminate clutter on my sidebar. Or rather, perhaps, to make room for future different clutter! LOL! Anyway, I may decide to put them back up & then I will definitely call on you.

Love your list of Ohio blogs. We need an Ohio webring! Have you seen Jennifer at http://knitmamaknit.blogspot.com? She is also in the Cleveland area.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Bess said...

Very very pretty socks. Fabulous shoes. As a bigfoot I am always looking for something that feels good and looks good at the same time. I am only partially successful.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Laughingrat said...

They are super cute. I am glad they fit!

Perhaps you can save the rest of the hank for striping with another color, or for toe/heel socks.

Still debating tearing out the heel on my Cecil sock! Not much time to think about it this week.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home