WittyKnits

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Surprise!

I don't know what bug bit me tonight, but I am close to finishing my oldest UFO. It's Zeeby's Bag from the first Stitch n' Bitch book, made out of Rowanspun DK, which was my very first clearance shelf yarn stashing purchase. In purple and green of course, my fave combo.

I was delighted tonight to find out that I had more done than I thought I did, so all I had to do was cast off the pocket, and knit the straps.

Everything is happily blocking right now:



I started this project so long ago that I have silly beginner mistakes in the stockinette parts, like slipped stitches and weird YOs and such. I'll sew them up and hide most of them, or maybe I'll do some creative embroidery to work them in.

But finally! It shall be done! Now my oldest UFO is the cross strap tank from the front of the summer 04 VK. That isn't that far from done either, but I suspect it won't fit, so I've been avoiding it for quite some time.

Tomorrow: Argyle sock class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home