WittyKnits

Sunday, October 30, 2005

I finally succumbed

It took a while, but I finally got bitten by the bug. The Clapotis bug that is.

I'd been debating what to do with the Lion and Lamb I purchased in Chicago, and since I had two rather than three hanks, I was shying away from Clapotis.

It's such soft yarn though, and it was just begging to be knitted up. And after printing out the Clapotis pattern and reading it, its genius was finally beginning to strike me.

So last night, I wound the yarn up in to balls, and got it started. I modified it to be about half as wide and I'll just keep knitting until I run out of yarn so right now it looks as if it will be about the same length.

Isn't she purrty?



And here are the dropped sections I've started.



Let it never be said that I can't focus on a project when I want to. I started yesterday and am almost halfway done today! Sure, I have two sweaters on needles, and would like to finish my current pair of socks before I start a new one at class Wednesday. Sure, I have several design projects floating in my head. But I want my Clapotis!

3 Comments:

Blogger Morris said...

Nice work!

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris

2:54 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Clapotis is so addictive. I've made three because I start and can't stop. On the last one, I accidentally added one instead of two repeats somewhere and ended up with a wonky corner, but it's still my favorite shawl (and about the only one I ever wear).

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great color way, path, whatever they call it! I like it. I think you'll love your Clapotis. I love mine, I've worn it a lot more than I thought I would.
~Rebecca

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home