WittyKnits

Monday, January 31, 2005

Art imitates life

One of my work friends dropped this comic strip on my desk earlier today. It appears to be about my yoga of knitting workshop this weekend. She subtitled it "A comic about you!"

I googled to see if I could find any other knitbloggers going to this, but only found people who, like me, were commenting on Karen Allen's acting career.

Not much progress on projects this weekend. I started my sister's wedding gift afghan (Great American Aran Afghan) three times, and each time ripped out the entire thing again. I'm not used to reading cable charts yet, but I think I've got it down. If I don't opt for yoga class tonight, I may camp out at a coffee shop and work on that.

Also started a pair of legwarmers out of bright pink Cascade 220 and a jewel tone varigated Ironstone yarn. They're k1, p1 the whole way, so I don't think I'll finish them before going to Kripalu like I'd hoped.

The knitty submission is plugging along. I'll hopefully get the first major increase row done tonight, and from then on the back and forth shouldn't be so tedious, because there will be fewer stitches per row.

I started a toe-up sock last week too, but I think it's being ripped out. The engineering of it made no sense to me so I'm going to look for a pattern with a non-short row toe.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

I sent off an e-mail this weekend, but didn't know if you'd gotten it. I'm your secret pal.... and Karen Allen was also terrific in "Starman" with Jeff Bridges...Hope your trip is fun and enjoyable and not TOO cold. Talk more your way soon (I know a couple of OSU alumni, one here and one still teaching there!)

11:10 PM  
Blogger wittyknits said...

Yes! I did get it, just didn't have a chance to respond yet. I am looking forward to this--it's my first time in a Secret Pal!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you got the email-I'm not as computer literate as you obviously are (from your career description) and I was hoping I hadn't mucked up the "anonymous" email thing. Anyhow. My first Secret Pal thing, too. Let's have a blast! Bon Voyage to Kripalu.

me

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home