WittyKnits

Friday, January 14, 2005

A knitting vacation!

I'm going to do the Yoga of Knitting workshop at Kripalu with Karen Allen next month. I have three weeks to figure out what all I'm taking with me--there's a fairly long list of knitting supplies she wants us to bring for the classes. We'll be designing colorwork sweaters--eek! I think I know where my Wolfe Fiber Arts gift certificate is going--supplies, supplies, supplies!

I took the dorm option to make it a bit cheaper. So I'll be bunking down with 6-22 other women. Hopefully some will be other knitters in the group. The lights out at 9:30 thing will kill me. I think I'll be going up to the solarium and knitting there, then sneaking in later. But it feels terribly grown up to be picked up by a man in a car with a sign at the airport. No one there will know I'm staying in the dorm. :-)

I liked the private room thing last time, but I also wasn't there for a specific program. I think being more social this time around is a good thing.

The only bad thing about this is that it gives me one less weekend to work on my knitty submission, which is due 2/15 and is currently only about 10% done. In fact, the pattern isn't really even engineered yet, I've just got the bottom bit of colorwork plotted out. But I have Monday off from work, so I'm deeming it Cricket day (Cricket is the tentative name for the pattern, sounding all springy and feminine.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great sounding retreat weekend. I'll look forward to seeing the design that comes out of it.
Sharon (Knitknacks)

8:16 PM  
Blogger blogdog said...

You should love Kripalu -- it's definitely a retreat, and a lovely one at that! Don't worry too much about the 9:30 bedtime -- after getting up in the wee hours to start your morning and going all day, you'll be tired enough to fall asleep then. One thing you should know: they don't have anything caffeinated there, so if you need your morning cuppa, bring your own teabags. They have herbal teas in plenty and a wonderful brown rice breakfast dish that I could have eaten the whole time. Enjoy!

11:47 AM  
Blogger wittyknits said...

For Blogdog: yes, I've been to Kripalu before, when I was in the process of weaning myself from caffeine, so I came prepared. I can pretty much function without it now, so that will be ok.

The food is about half the reason I wanted to go back so much. I haven never eaten so well in my life. Breakfasts especially.

My mouth is watering and I have three weeks to go still!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home