WittyKnits

Monday, January 24, 2005

For my secret pal!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- and/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I am a bit of a yarn snob, but will use Lion Brand when appropriate. I don't generally like 100% artificial fibers though.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Nope.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Smoke, and I'm sensitive to perfume, air freshner, etc.

4. How long have you been knitting?
I taught myself about 3-1/2 years ago.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yep, it's here.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lavender or Peppermint

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yep. I love Lindt (and other) chocolates.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I do a little beadwork--am just learning really. I also sew, but not nearly as much as I'd like.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yep, I can play MP3s. My main genre is "chickrock" or alternative rock, or alt-country. I like Tori Amos, Radiohead, Lucinda Williams, Neko Case, Ani Difranco, Coldplay, etc. And I love weird cover songs.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
I love pink, but have also been getting into autumn type pallettes lately.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm solo now. I don't have pets, and am not really into them.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To be able to pay the bills with a knitting related business.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Kureyon, Naturwolle, Silk Garden, Lamb's Pride

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Acrylic.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Colorwork--I'm not sure why, and I'm not sure I'm good at it. And socks.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Hats, because they are quick and satisfying.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Bad Penny from knitty.com. A lace shawl that is not going well and a design I want to submit to knitty.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I don't need a whole wardrobe full, but I like them.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circs

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo, or inox

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yep.

22. How did you learn to knit?
I taught myself with Knitting for Dummies.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
I started Zeeby's bag from Stitch n' Bitch about 2.5 years ago, and have only got one panel done.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I don't think I have one. I do like origami cranes though and may get a tattoo of some soon.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween!!

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn. :-) Also purses and shoes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good website. I am new to Columbus and would like to join the downtown Stitch & Bitch, but Yahoo wouldn't let me in--could you email me at eifyffe@earthlink.net? Thank you.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, did you know that there is already a blog called witty knitter? You can see it here: http://manainkblog.typepad.com

Maybe we should have a wit-off or something...

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home