WittyKnits

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Yay! Substitution!

So, I was fretting about yarn a while back, and finding a substitution for some fingering/sport weight rowan yarns for a very expensive yet experimental intarsia project.

I think I found a substitution!!!!

Brown Sheep Naturspun comes in both fingering and sportweight, is a bit cheaper, and comes in many many colors that could substitute for those in the floral design.

I'm going to go in search of some for swatching tonight just to make sure I can get gauge. Then I'm gonna find the cheapest place to order and do it.

For my reference:
Yarnware
The Yarn Exchange

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Shows how much I know - I didn't even notice that you had a knitting blog! In any case, if you haven't gotten Naturespun yet, and are still planning to use it, Lorien Alpacas sells it for as cheap as I've seen it: http://www.alpacafleece.com/Home.asp

11:55 AM  
Blogger wittyknits said...

Thanks! I will check it out!

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home