WittyKnits

Monday, October 17, 2005

OK, first things first, I changed my email address about 2 weeks ago, and apparently, I forgot to update it in my blogger template. So I just now noticed that I have been getting comments recently. So please don't think I'm rude if I haven't responded to you. I'm running through and finding the recent ones now. Give me a poke if you still think I'm ignoring you tomorrow.

In exciting knitting news, I have an FO and a half!

First off, is last night's accomplishment, the first Crusoe sock is complete. And lo and behold, it fits....kind of. Well enough that it's wearable, though it could use a bit more room. I really like the look of these, but oh boy is the math off in that pattern. Like way off.

OK, there would have been a photo of that sock right here but I can't seem to find it right now. Sheesh.

Secondly, I finished my Scarf Me! pal's scarf tonight, so it will be off in the mail to its recipient in the next day or so. I ended up using three balls of the yarn, which made the scarf top out at 70" long. I hope that is long enough. It's definitely got some stretch to it, so it could even be blocked out longer than that if she wants. I'm not going to block it before I send it, because I think it looks pretty good right now, and I love the springiness of this yarn (I am lamenting that it's been discontinued.) Anyway, here it is:



Pattern: Double Basketweave Scarf by Ann Budd for Interweave Knits Staff Scarves (pdf)
Yarn: Rowan Cork, 3 balls
Needles: US size 11

Now, I get to devote even more time to Carlotta. And oh yeah, that VW bug trunk. I really need to get going on that. I still haven't been able to bring myself to frog my most recent attempt yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great looking scarf!
cara
earth mother

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home