WittyKnits

Friday, October 07, 2005

Greatest Hits - Sock Style

So Quiddity is having a contest to show off your hand knit sock stash and win some sock yarn.

As we all know I love free yarn, I shall now post my entry:














Fuzzy Feet - Mom Fuzzy Feet - Dad
Magic Stripes - Me Mini-Sock - SP4
Fancy Rib - Julie Crusoe - Me - In Progress

As you can see, I've not done many socks, so I'm stretching the definition and including my felted slippers, which are knit like socks.

The top two photos are Fuzzy Feet from Knitty, knit in Lamb's Pride for my mom and dad.

The stripy sock is out of Lion Magic Stripes and was my first "real" sock. Those are for me. The smaller one was made from leftovers using the stocking ornament pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. The grey ones were finished about a month ago for my friend Julie out of Regia, and that last one is Crusoe, still in progress in lovely Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock.

That's it. Now, were I to flash my stash of sock yarn, that would be a longer post. So hopefully a year or so from now there will be more finished socks to show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home