WittyKnits

Friday, August 05, 2005

Great news!

The Ohio State Fair began Wednesday, so last night my friend Julie and I made a mad dash to find out the results of the judging. I'd gotten a hint of what my fate might be from Aunt Gerry's Yarn Spinnings but I didn't want to believe it until I knew for sure.

Nothing for my Bad Penny the sweater category, and I didn't expect anything, so that was fine. The sweaters that placed, and many that didn't, were really great work.



A welcome surprise in a third place finish for my capelet in the Original Design category. I feared that it's small problems would detract, but the judges seemed to reward colorwork in many categories, so I had that going in my favor. A gorgeous fair isle hat took second, and a sideways knitted multi-yarn striped pullover took first in this category. So who cares that knitty rejected it--I have a ribbon!



And the best thing? My GAAAA placed first in knitted afghans, and took Best in Show for the Afghans category. All that crazy work and last minute finishing drama paid off in the end!



So I'll have a souvenir rosette to keep after I send the afghan off to Florida to live with my sister and her new hubby.

For those of you in Ohio, the knitted, crocheted and otherwise crafted items are in the DiSalle Building, just north of 17th Avenue. There's a lego Bob the Builder at the door.

6 Comments:

Blogger karrie said...

Congrats! Ribbons are awesome, and that afghan looked like a ton of work.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of Show...... that is great. I knew you could do it.

8:59 PM  
Blogger auntgerry said...

Good for you!!!! Lots of great work and you beat'em all.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Kitty Kitty said...

Congratulations, that is totally awesome!!!!!

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the winnings! That's awesome!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great news! I'm SO happy for you. I was sick for awhile and SO out of the loop. Look at all I missed. Congratulations. You should be so proud.

There is a package coming your way soon!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home