WittyKnits

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Ever so slight gauge issue (ahem)

So when I started the Ribbon x-back tank, I thought that it seemed a bit large. Yet, I persevered. I started to worry a bit though, because I could tell I was knitting more loosely, and when I measured my gauge again, it looked a bit off. So I took a tank top that I wanted this to absolutely fit no larger than, pulled the tank off the needles onto scrap yarn, and took a little looksee:



This obviously did not bode well. So then, I "tried it on."



Wow. That's definitely not going to work. I measured it, and it looks to be about 48" in circumference. I was looking for more in the 36-38" range. Oops.

That, boys and girls, is what 2 stitches per inch when you're shooting for 3 stitches per inch will do. And now we know.

Guess I'll be ripping out some work tonight. I'm just glad I can laugh at this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Kitty said...

Ummm... I agree time to start over again. Question what yarn are you using for the tank and what needles? I like the colour a lot. :)

11:59 AM  
Blogger wittyknits said...

It's Rowan Cotton Tape in Acidic. I'm not sure if that color is discontinued or not -- I got it at 50% off at my LYS. I'm using size 11 needles, which is the recommended size.

12:17 PM  
Blogger ShelbyD said...

Yikes - sorry you need to rip.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home