WittyKnits

Monday, July 11, 2005

I know, I know, I'm quiet

And it's likely to be quiet for another week or two around here. The state fair deadline is a week from tomorrow, and my sister's wedding is the following weekend, so I am frantically trying to finish the GAAAA in time for both. I am within striking distance, but I need to spend every waking moment that I'm not at work knitting to make this happen.

I have a dentist appt Wednesday (need cavities filled and a bite plate made to wear at night for my grinding) and I'm actually looking forward to it because it means I get the afternoon off work. That's huge, because I hate the dentist. I wonder if I could get the whole day off. Furthermore, I wonder if I can figure out how to do the cabled border by feel well enough to knit while they are working on my mouth? Hmmmmm.....

I can't wait to finish this at this point, just so I can work in something other than cream colored Encore. I foresee several pairs of socks, some lace perhaps, my Hourglass Sweater, the dress from the cover of the spring IK, Carlotta from Rowan 37 and some swatching for my crazy colorwork afghan in my near future. Not to mention the swatches for the TKGA Master Knitter packet.

Maybe I'll actually finish that cross strap tank from last summer's VK too...I've been waiting on that because I fear I made much too large a size, similar to every other tank I've ever made.

How sad is it that I already own the yarn for all of those projects, plus for about twice as many??

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dentistry for you, too, huh? I'm about sick of it. Hope yours goes smoothly!

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to come to KnitSpa on Sunday and finish the afghan so that we can cheer you on!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I have SO many projects that I need to start and finish. it seems like so many of them have deadlines too. I want to knit most of my x-mas gifts this year. I'm going to have to get started soon!

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and good luck at your dentist appt. That's NO FUN! I'll be thinking of you!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home