WittyKnits

Friday, July 29, 2005

Not a lot of knitting this week. It's the off week for Stitch n' Bitches, and since my arms were still swollen from last week's bout of me being my own personal sweatshop, then I was out of town all weekend (I won't be one of those who knits and drives simultaneously) not too much time has been had for knitting. Still, I've started two new projects: the heirloom bag from Rowan 38 (I'm making it in Summer Tweed on size 8 needles, so it will be super huge) and the twisted rib ladies socks from the latest IK. I'm making the most headway on those. It's relaxing to have a two row repeat that Ican memorize and just go with after all that damn chart reading.

I did do quite a bit of yarn buying though, and will have tons of stash photos to get posted this week. My major coup was getting to Fine Points while on the way back from Cleveland and taking advantage of their summer 30-50% off sale. I got a whole pile of koigu, Colinette, discontinued Noro and Alchemy for just over $100. A steal!!! The koigu will be socks for me (or maybe gloves?) and the rest are to be combined for some crazy boho scarves I have in my head, possibly in time for our art show at work.

I think the TKGA is stalking me. I know they're based in Zanesville now, which is only an hour or so east of here, but the last issue was photographed at the Columbus Museum of Art, and this latest issue was photographed at my alma mater, Denison University! I can totally identify 95% of the locations, though the shots are cropped pretty tightly. Maybe I'll make the Denison pullover just because of the name.

My Vogue Knitting isn't here yet. Other bloggers have theirs. I'm impatient. But now, it's back to Sex & the City DVDs (I still haven't seen all the episodes--that's what happens when you don't have cable) and knitting on the socks!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Sex and the City! =0)

2:29 AM  
Blogger Kitty Kitty said...

My vogue knitting book isn't here either, maybe they decieded to put columbus's magazines in the back of the warehouse or our lovely mail system has eaten them.

Hope your arms are feeling better. :)

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home