WittyKnits

Friday, July 01, 2005

Let me just tell you, I have so lucked out in the Secret Pal department, both times I've participated. It's like they know me so well. And this, having been an incredibly rough week (a friend of mine passed away last weekend, and his funeral was Monday) made it an especially good time to get this bright and shiny package from my SP5.

I even tore open the box in the car after picking it up at the post office, but when I saw how prettily everything was wrapped, I had to wait to rip open the packages until I got home!!



All of that opened up and turned out to be this:



That's the magic loop booklet (I restrained myself from buying this in a fit of retail therapy Monday night!), a breast cancer bracelet, 2 balls of 100% Silk Plymouth Turino in pretty pinks & purples (that *exactly* matches the Denim Silk I did buy Monday night!), some really pretty beaded stitch markers and bookmark, a lavendar bath fizzy (I need relaxation!), Burt's Bees Almond Milk Hand Creme (I just ran out last week!), a candle in the lovely scent of "Coastal Mist" and some cute little post-it notes.

For good measure, here's some yarn pr0n:



and a closeup of the stitch markers:



I have even put the bookmark into action already:



THANK YOU SP5, whoever you are!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

What an amazing gift! Too bad I missed the SP5. After the sale today at Knitter's Mercantile, I would be sending some nice stuff.

It was great seeing you today! and unexpected pleasure to my unexpected ability to get out of the office early!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. What an incredibly difficult time you're going through. I'm sending you lots of good vibes. =0)


Oh a brighter note, I'm so glad that you enjoyed the package. I was SO worried that you wouldn't! I can't believe that you actually thought about buying that book. I must be reading your mind or something. I hope the candle and bath fizzy help you to relax. I always find that a nice hot relaxing bath helps.

I have lots more planned for you!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home