WittyKnits

Sunday, August 28, 2005

A finished object

After knitting diligently yesterday at Stitch n' Bitch, and then popping in a movie this afternoon, I've finally finished the twisted rib socks from the last Interweave Knits.

These were originally supposed to be for my friend Julie's birthday, but since that was just over a month ago, they are now a just because gift, especially because she's seen them already and knows they are for her.

These socks have been worked on in just about every bar in the Short North, a couple of movie theatres, and even my grandparents' house.

Here they are:



And a close-up of the fancy rib:



Pattern: Women's Fancy Rib Socks
Yarn: Regia 4 ply 4 color
Needles: Size 2 & 3 Brittany Birch dpns

I did mess up a bit on these. I lost the pattern somewhere between the two socks and had to reprint it, but only reprinted the second page which had the bulk of the instructions. So on the second sock, I totally missed the instruction to start on the larger needles. So one sock is slightly less stretchy than the other. We'll just hope Julie has mismatched calves and it'll be ok.

Now the burning question in my mind is which sock yarn to use next, and which pattern to use to knit it up with. I'd love to start working with my koigu, but I think that might want to be gloves, so I'm not sure.

Plus, I'm getting ready to move, so I need to start packing up the stash, rather than rifling though it. And I supposedly have to do another scarf design in the next 15 days for the art show at work. I'd better get working.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laughingrat said...

Glad to see they got done! Yay!

You know, that Bearfoot sock yarn is incredible stuff. Or are you trying to use what you have, and not something you need to buy? I guess the question then is "What do you have already?"

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Rat. Bearfoot is incredible! And, I can vouch for the Cable and Rib socks from Fall Interweave as being a nifty fun pattern to knit. It even calls for the Bearfoot. Not that I'm enabling you to buy more yarn before your move or anything *snicker*

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home