WittyKnits

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Project Update

Believe it or not, despite the heat and a billion other things going on, I've actually been doing some knitting lately! Imagine!

I've been doing a lot of swatching lately for projects that have been on hold since the GAAA was in high gear. But I'm happy to say that I'm about to start what I hope to enter in next year's fair, and that's Carlotta from Rowan 36. No photo of it yet, but let's just put it this way: fingering weight yarn + intarsia + beads. Fun!

The other thing I've been swatching for is the dress from the cover of the Spring IK. I actually have it started too! I originally purchased some of that Pachuko cotton from Elann for this, but the gauge was further off than I realized, so I ended up using that infernal Patons Grace from my stash. Here's the start of the first hem:



This is a major coup, because I've never had such success with lace knitted on both sides before.

I am also progressing on socks for a friend of mine. She's seen them and knows they are for her, so I can show them off here now:



That's Regia 4 color in colorway 5744. And the pattern is the web exclusive to subscribers from the last IK (the ladies version). Unfortunately, I managed to lose my printout and had to reprint it halfway through the cuff of the second sock. I know the number of rows I did in the cuff on the first one, but I can't remember at which point I switched needles, or how many rounds were in the foot. Ooops. Hopefully I'll find the copy somewhere, before I mess up too much. Or I could just (gasp!) measure!

I did some more stashing because I was at the super discount store with my mom over the weekend. It's mostly scarf yarns, but I have a few things I'll share here later. Right now though, I just want to show off my very first Cherry Tree Hill, from my friend Lisa for my birthday!



My first thought was socks of course, but then I saw this pattern that the Yarn Harlot posted today and I think I might try that on for size, because I really like these colors. Hmmmmm....

1 Comments:

Blogger Laughingrat said...

You are working hard! :) There's a free pattern on that woman's site for a simple lace scarf in fingering weight yarn--I've been waffling between that and "Branching Out" for my first lace project.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home