WittyKnits

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Argh!

I think it's the rainy weather, but it's in the back of my head that the way my hands are aching is slightly psychosomatic. Like they decided it's okay to cramp up now that the gifts are done or something.

Got the cast on and one row of ribbing done tonight on my second Magic Stripe sock. Doesn't sound like much I know, but that's the absolute hardest thing for me on tiny (size 2) needles.

Didn't get any further on the lace shawl. I realized last night before falling asleep that I made a mistake in counting, but I don't think it will matter too much because I'm not too far in. I plan on taking progress photos of that one as soon as I get my camera back from my friend who I loaned it too.

Tonight's major accomplishment was some design work on my next knitty submission. I've been swatching and charting the colorwork, and tonight worked more on the engineering of the shape, sizing, etc. and actually cast on and got about six rows done. I like the colorwork pattern--it's very springy so I hope that means it has a good shot of getting in. If not, you'll see photos here after I receive my rejection email. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home