WittyKnits

Thursday, May 24, 2007

A study in suspense

I'm beginning to get a little worried about the Pomatomus socks. I have a mere 2 hanks of koigu and this is what the first one looks like right now.



I've got size 9.5 US feet. That foot is about 5 inches long right now and that's the remainder of the first ball hanging off there.

I've weighed and estimated using kinda sketchy math and determined I'll make it. I've talked to two people over on ravelry (I was lucky enough to vaguely know someone who knows someone, so I'm in the beta test) who made these socks out of koigu and both of their responses assured me I'll have enough.

Still, it's kind of scary. I want to enter these into the state fair, and the lace pattern goes all the way to the toe, so no funky contrasting yarn at the end is gonna fly. I'm crossing my fingers and letting myself get carried away by the super-cool pattern and ignoring the nagging voice in the back of my head saying "turn back now."

There's an off chance the LYS I originally got this yarn at might have another hank lying around, but I'm kind of doubting it.


Eeek!

Note: That photo up there was taken with my new phone. I'm amazed. And, I've got a new camera too, so better photos shall return to this space. Stay tuned!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sending you all the long-lasting yarn vibes I can muster (very selfish, of course: I think these socks are just gorgeous!). Persevere!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Now you're making me wonder what yarn I used to knit my Pomatomus socks. Whatever I used worked out fine and my feet are your size. You should be fine.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home