WittyKnits

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Finished...as usual, just in time

So I have to drop off my stuff for the art show at work tomorrow. I found this out late last week, and it gave me one evening fewer than I thought I had to get it done.

But I made it.

The glistening of my skin in this first shot, combined with the fact that I'm wearing a tank top, exhibits the ridiculousness of knitting a mostly wool scarf in this weather. But it shows the colors accurately, so I'll post it nonetheless:



These two show some of the various yarns and stitches that I used, though with a bit less color accuracy:





As you can see, it's mostly garter stitch, with some variety added with occasional wrap-type drop stitch (what *is* this actually called?) and seed stitch and basketweave added at random. The fringe is Colinette Giotto, a heavenly ribbon yarn that's occasionally in the scarf too. That bright green boucle stuff is Alchemy Roots and Leaves, a ridiculously expensive, but oh-my-god-luxurious yarn that is heaven as far as novelty yarns go. I have most of the ball left, but as it was only 55 yards to begin with, I'm not sure what else that will go with.

I love this scarf. I knitted the ends in as I went, so there are some bulky spots where you can see that, and some purl side color changes that I'd normally hate, but it works for the type of "rustic" boho look I was going for. Plus, it kind of reminds me a bit of a Victorian crazy quilt.

I think this one has about 20 hours of work in it. Given that I started it last Thursday, and I knitted it really pretty tightly (on US 6 needles, and some of those yarns are bulky, to give you an idea) my wrists aren't really happy with me. So it's ibuprofen, and off to bed now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Kitty said...

I am not sure if it is officially known as a Ladder Stitch, but that is what Maggie Jackson uses in all the Maggie Knits for that stitch.

The final product looks great! So where is the art show????

11:13 AM  
Blogger wittyknits said...

Ladder Stitch sounds good to me!

The art show is where I work. They do all these "theme day" kind of things and this year there is an art show. So not a huge thing, but some of my friends here were egging me on to enter, so I am. :-)

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home