WittyKnits

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I'm back!

This weekend was a whirlwind trip to Chicago for the Renegade Craft Fair and general sight-seeing. Unfortunately, the craft fair got rained out about an hour after we got there, so I have no photos of that, but it was very cool. Can't wait for the smaller upcoming version here in Columbus on 10/8 (at Skully's!).

I'll post more later, but wanted to drop in and say "I'm alive!" This week I will be pre-occupied with cleaning out the last bits of junk from my old apartment rather than knitting, but we'll get back to your regularly scheduled content next week.

We visited a brand new store downtown in Chicago called Loopy Yarns (get it? it's in the Loop!) and they carry what looked like the entire line of Lorna's Laces. So I got myself a couple skeins of Lion and Lamb. I wish I'd realized that was the yarn that Clapotis called for, because I'd never felt so compelled to make that before until I saw this yarn. Then I came home and realized it was what the pattern called for and I'd only bought two hanks, when I takes 3! I could have sprung for it because as a result of the grand opening sale, I managed to draw a slip for 20% off, so the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been!

For now, I'll leave you with some fun photographic evidence of our trip. This photo was taken in the reflection of the Cloud Gate at Millenium Park:



That's yours truly in front, my variously crafty friends Dorothy and Beth right behind me, and my friend (and crocheter!) Lisa in the back. I love this shot since we are all working on taking it at the same time...what dorks. :-)

And no, I didn't knit that lace shrug I'm wearing. It's from the Limited, and I knew I couldn't knit it at the price I got it for. Especially with my track record at lace.

I actually did get some knitting done this weekend. I turned the heel and got through the instep decreases on my Crusoe sock and I started my Scarf Me Pal's scarf. I had several false starts last week while trying to figure out what sort of pattern I wanted to use, but I think I've got it now. I'm using one of the staff scarf projects from the Interweave site: the Ann Budd Double Basketweave version, only I'm using much larger yarn and needles. I'm loving working with Rowan cork and can't believe they discontinued it. It's a very soft yarn, and the tiny bit of acrylic in it gives it a kind of spongy springiness that's very cool. Photos soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooh THE BEAN! i think it's still enclosed tho isn't it? i took pictures of it at the grand opening of the park last sept when it had the seams showing. the bean is quite lovley when you can walk thru it, makes you dizzy. i've been meaning to go downtown to that loopy yarns store, but it looks like it's high end stuff moslty?

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home