WittyKnits

Friday, September 16, 2005

This is going to be fun!

So I had totally forgotten that I'd done this, but a couple weeks ago when I was at Knitters' Mercantile there was a sign up sheet on the counter for participating in a project to knit a cozy for a VW Bug (like this one) to be on display at Winterfair. It wasn't until my new roomie said I'd gotten mail at my new abode and I opened it that I remembered. There's a kickoff party for it this Sunday where we get to pick up our materials and patterns. Way cool.

This weekend is also A Wool Gathering at Young's in Yellow Springs, which is one of my favorite places to hang out. I went last year, and that's where I first saw the circular sock machine. I'm hoping to get down there this weekend to drop mine off with the woman who refurbishes them, but I think I waited a bit long to contact her, plus I'm moving and having a garage sale, so I may not make it. I can't wait to crank out some socks though!

Knitting progress this week has so far consisted of about 8 rounds on the Crusoe sock, which I'm still not sure is going to fit properly, and about 4 rows on Carlotta. And some "in my head" design progress on the scarf for my Scarf Me pal. I thought about doing something from Scarf Style since I just got it, but I think I want to use some Rowan Cork I have stashed and there's nothing really appropriate for that weight in the book. Here's the yarn:

OK, that would have been a photo of the yarn, but I just went to find it, and it's not there. And, it's discontinued, so I can't even link to it. So pretend there's a photo of about four balls of a nice chunky wool blend in a light blue heather here.

Edit: While searching for the recently discontinued Mission Falls 1824 Wool, I found it. It's this color I think. It might be vapor though. Hard to tell on a monitor.

So anyway, I have some sketchy ideas in my head. I need to ask my scarf me pal a few more questions about her own personal style to know whether to err on the side of traditional or not, but it will involve cables and texture, that much I know. In either case, the knitting will commence next week, after I'm all moved in and settled.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Kitty said...

Hope you survived your move over the weekend. You really didn't miss much at the Wool Gathering.

I know how you feel running into young adults you rember as children. Nothing makes you feel older. The Lamb Princess was really sweet and made my husband and I laugh.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home