WittyKnits

Friday, June 10, 2005

I forgot an FO!

Almost forgot I hadn't posted photos of the latest FO yet. Here it is:



Pattern: Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2005 #5
Yarn: Berroco Denim Silk in Carob
Needles: Size 8

It was incredibly hard to take a photo of myself in this, so that's not a great shot. However, it accurately highlights a few of the issues this top has. First, I think I crocheted a bit tightly around that front curve so it looks a bit odd. It actually hangs better than it looks here.

As to fit, I am absolutely thrilled with the way the sleeves and shoulders fit. And, given that I ripped out the seams and resewed them a few times, I should be. However, I feel the top overall is a bit short. Which is odd, because I measured and re-measured, and knitted until I thought it would be a bit long, and then had no problem blocking to the proper size. So, I think it boils down to the fact that it was shown in the magazine on a flat chested model. I am not flat chested model. However, even if it did fit like the example, I'd still have to wear a cami underneath, so this is not tragic.

If nothing else, I learned a lot about how to sew in sleeves from this project. I've done raglans before, where there were no sleeve seams. These were actual set in sleeves, thankfully, with very little fullness to ease in. Equally thankfully, I grew up in 4-H and have set in sleeves many a time in sewn garments, so I had a bit of background in how such things are engineered, which came in handy. My next one will be better though, and will hopefully involve fewer ripped out seams.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute FO! Looks so great on you. =0)

6:45 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I like the way it looks - it has more body than the original!

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home