WittyKnits

Sunday, January 02, 2005

First Finished Object of 2005

I finished Rosedale II from knitty tonight. That's Noro Kureyon 124. I made the necklace and earrings to go with it too.



This project started off remarkably simply. I decided not to do the corrugated ribbing, and just stuck with K3, P2. Once I got up to the raglan shaping though, all hell broke loose. I broke a needle, which caused me to lose a stitch marker, which meant I failed to do my decreases all the way up one seam. So I ripped back about 40 rows. The intarsia rectangle on the back is still not pretty, as I can't seem to strand or float without causing the fabric to bunch. I did, however, make it a lot better during that ripping out process.

I did the classic "oh my god, I cannot get my head in this sweater" thing too. So I undid the bind off and added a row or two on much larger needles, then bound off much more loosely while adding some increases. It's still not quite right in the front, but it's pretty good as a first attempt I think.

Overall, a good pattern (though it doesn't ever tell you to sew up the underarms) and a quick knit, especially if you are actually paying attention while doing it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alissa said...

I love that sweater! Didn't you have that on at the SNB in December? Beautiful!

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater is rockin. Great Job!

Allison
http://gumdrop.typepad.com/knitting/

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home