WittyKnits

Thursday, June 21, 2007

The suspense ends...


pomatomus2
Originally uploaded by wittyknits
Argh. So you see how it ends, 'eh? I was in the home stretch of the first pomatomus sock while on the way back from Chicago. I had 4 inches of yarn left and 12 rows to go when I was on the plane.

I thought maybe, just maybe, the sock might be a little too long, so I could rip back and make it with the yarn I had. But you can see what happen when I got home and tried it on.

Luckily, when I went to look for yarn to finish out with, I happened to find some leftovers from socks I made for my friend Julie last year, and lo and behold -- the greys match!!!

So I finished it off and you really can't tell unless you really know to look. Whew.

Now sock 2 is through the 1st lace repeat, and I have until July 5 to get it finished up in time to get it in to the state fair.



pomatomus3
Originally uploaded by wittyknits
And yes, that is totally my gross roller derby gear airing out in the background of that pick.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laughingrat said...

They look gorgeous. And I'm pretending not to see your gear. ;)

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looove that colorway! Looks great in the pota... pote...potem...these socks.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home