WittyKnits

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Sockapaloooza!

I went to the LYS the other day to return the extra yarn from my Skacel circular sweater. Sigh. Yes, I'm done knitting it, and from the looks of it, you'd think I just need to seam up the underarms and start wearing it. But, alas, I believe I'm going to have to rip out the neck and shoulders one last time. The line from the picking up of stitches for the top is just hitting me far too low for my taste right now. I'm actually contemplating taking it from a raglan to a yoke type top. Eeek. It's like surgery for knitting!

In the meantime though, I exchanged my extra three balls of Rowan Big Wool (the sweater took a little under 7 full balls) and got myself a few odds and ends for swatching, and got my Sockapaloooza yarn:



I love the colors in this. Hopefully my sock pal will too. Now, it's off to find a pattern. I want something with a cute cuff, but probably a pretty standard, maybe just stockinette foot to fit my pal's requests. Fun!

I'm also making progress on my own wonky sock. Now, mind you, a great bit of this sock has been knitted either at happy hour or in the dark at movies, so please, no comments on that awful gusset.



One of the reasons I love the shorter length of Brittany dpns so much is that I can knit the sock onto all five in the set and get my foot in there without stabbing myself or breaking needles (provided I wait until said sock is long enough).

We'll see the sweater soon...right now, my new schedule (I've joined the local roller derby league) is cutting into my knitting time, but tonight is Project Runway, so I may be inspired to have another go at it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sourire11 said...

You joined a roller derby!!! That sounds so frickin' cool! What's it like? Do you practice often? Is it really competitive? I need a new athletic activity to pull me out of this winter blah...

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that sock yarn! It's not the softest, but it comes in the greatest colors! :)

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got some of the Lana Grossa to make Stephen some Jaywalker socks. It's not pretty like that, though, it's hunter green twisted with an orange and dark red. It looks interesting knitted up. If I ever make it to knit group again I'll show you.

~Rebecca

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,
My name is Joannie and I love the knitted socks that youve shown and the othere projects. Keep up the good work. Ive been lazy on doing my knitting and I live in Massachuets and its been cold today has been a good day but cool, thanks again, joan_armstrong39@yahoo.com

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home