WittyKnits

Friday, January 13, 2006

It's uncharacteristically quiet around here lately, and that's mostly because the beginning of the year has brought many interesting distractions to me, none of which are letting me get knitting done. There is health stuff, boy stuff, work stuff, and other hobby stuff (I may join roller derby!). Plus, I want to get serious about design this year, which means I may not be able to blog about my knitting as I'm doing it. Sad.

Yet, the circular sweater continues, and I did start a pair of socks last week, because the argyle socks (slowly but surely coming along) are not good bar knitting. So I cast on a cabled sock out of a recent IK with this:



One of my secret pal's got me this a while back. I'm not thinking the patterning of the yarn is going to work for cables, and I have about 3 inches of cuff done, so I'll likely change it up and just go with ribbing, or a plain foot once I get there.

Am still waiting to hear about the shortlist for Amy Singer's No Sheep for You book. I submitted four designs. Cross your fingers for me.

In other news, I'd love it if some of you were to participate in National Delurking Week by letting me know you are reading with a comment. Let me know who you are. There may just be a prize offered to those who participate!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sourire11 said...

Hi I'm a lurker... I'm not actually sure if I've ever posted or not but I doubt it since I rarely do - I always feel weird about it -ya know?

Anyways I found your blog because you also made the Cloche hat in Knit One Felt Too and I was searching for other finished pics of it. Since you're another Ohio Knitter (and all Ohio Knitters are good people right?) I added you to my bloglines list!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

*waves!*

8:11 PM  
Blogger auntgerry said...

Hi Amy, I am coming out of lurkdom to let you know I read your blog

11:36 PM  
Blogger Kitty Kitty said...

Hi Amy...

Crossing my fingers for you wit hthe new Amy Singer's No SHiip for you book! Good Luck.

Well I kindof missed National Delurking Week. Thanks for posting about it.

Hope you are enjoying the actual sunlight we are having this week, twice in two weeks woho.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here, naturally!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home