WittyKnits

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Just a quick FO

Since my sister's bridal shower was this weekend, I can finally post the photos of the object that was giving me hand cramps for a month or so.

No, actually, it wasn't that bad -- it went much faster than anticipated. But let me just warn you, that if you plan to do a project with size 2 needles and doublestranded kidsilk haze, you shouldn't wear black while doing so. You will be *covered* in fuzz.

Anyway, here's the finished product:


Info:
Pattern: Loosely based on the cover pattern of Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I adjusted the size for my gauge and added some more gradual shaping at the bottom.
Yarn: Kidsilk Haze, 1 strand meadow, 1 strand pearl
Needles: 16" size 2 Inox circular.

My big achievement on this was not only finishing it in time, but adding a white bridal satin lining to it.



My sewing machine actually got some use! Although I did hand baste the lining inside. There was no way that fuzzy thing was going through my machine.

I'm working on a huge post with lots of circular sock machine info. I've tried to start cleaning the thing up, but I think I'll be better off calling in professional help for it, as my 2 hours with a can of compressed air didn't do all that much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home