WittyKnits

Monday, May 02, 2005

Weekend's Progress

I'm moving right along on another summer top. This one, I'm hoping to wear at a bridal shower three weeks from now. Despite the fact I'm working on three other projects right now, 2 with deadlines, I think I might make it. Here we are so far:



That's the back of the twisted front short sleeved top from the Spring/Summer Vogue Knitting (pattern #5). I'm making it in Berrocco Denim Silk, which is a really really cool ribbon yarn in a Silk Rayon blend. It has little nubbies which I like. I used about 2.5 balls to do the back.

I've never done set in sleeves before, so the shape of the top part of that piece is weirding me out a little. I'm trusting in my ability to read the pattern though.

The big challenge on this one is going to be the edging. I started the pattern, then read to the end and realized the scalloped edge is crocheted. Ooops. It's all single crochet, which I've technically done before, but I'm a bit nervous. I may have to have my SNB group walk me through it.

Progress as well on other projects, but seeing as how they're gifts, you'll have to wait on one, and check out GAAAA for the other. The one you have to wait on will probably make you all question my sanity. Let's just say it's Kidsilk Haze, and I'm not making lace.

Also a big hello and thanks to my SP! And a big hello and welcome to my Bead It Sp!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home