WittyKnits

Monday, April 04, 2005

Replies to comments

Heather asked about the size/shape of the front of Sitcom Chic, and how it hangs open from its one button.

And I say:

I noticed that too when I went to finish mine up yesterday. I think it's mostly got to do with the fact that there's only one button. I think that there was plenty of ease to in theory wear it closed at the size I knitted, but it does curl in a little which causes that opening. If you wanted to wear it totally closed, I'd suggest knitting a wider band when you pick up along the front, and knitting in buttonholes and sewing buttons all the way up. But I think the "normal" size would still be appropriate. Good luck!

And Faith from the Karen Allen Kripalu workshop stopped by to say hi. Hi Faith! Did you ever work up to purple in your piece?? :-)

In other news, I've got about 2" done on Bad Penny, after a first disastrous casting on of 20 too many stitches, then a second disastrous casting on where I knitted three rounds before realizing the pattern is written top down, not bottom up, so I was using the wrong yarn. We're moving right along now. I'm a bit concerned in that I'll have gone through the first ball of yarn after the next inch or so. I know I'm at the point that I'm using the most yardage per round, since I'm going around sleeves and all, plus I swatched from this ball, but I've only got three balls to get to the waistband. And there's close to zero chance of finding more of that yarn, since I bought it at Wolfe, which has since closed, and seemed to be the only shop on this continent stocking it. Maybe my friend Lisa bought a ball? I think she did, but I'm not sure of color. Time will tell.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, just stumbled upon your site. If I'm looking at your blog correctly, it looks like the post about running out of the yarn from Wolfe was posted on Monday, April 4th. Anyway, since it was just a couple of days ago I thought I'd let you know (in case you haven't heard) that Jan from Knitter's Mercantile and another woman (Sallie) are opening a bricks and mortor store in Graceland which houses Wolfe's old stock. Grand opening is slated for April 15th. Depending on when you got the yarn, they may still have some!

You're very talented, I absolutely love that green-blue bag! How beautiful!

Just thought I'd fill you in on the LYS update if you hadn't heard.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home