WittyKnits

Friday, April 22, 2005

What's on my needles right now?

The fourth square of the Great American Aran Afghan. See knit-along at right.

I'm trying desperately to get the twist front short sleeved top from the lasted Vogue Knitting started. I've made two gauge swatches so far, and it looks like I need to make a third. This means that yet again, I'll be working on size 8 needles. At this rate, I'm dying to start a project that's not on size 8 needles just for some variety.

I also started a summer scarf:



I'm using a this free pattern which I printed out quite some time ago, though I'm making it a bit narrower because I know this yarn will stretch and block out to be huge.

The green on the left is 100% silk handspun I picked up at last year's Wool Gathering in Yellow Springs. The yarn on the right is a Diakeito Rayon blend. I have significantly more green than earth tones, so I've not yet decided on the stripe pattern. I think I'll either do each end with green and one earth stripe, then the middle in earth tones, or I'll just do the one stripe on either end and find an edging to do that uses the earth tones.

And yes, again, those are size 8 needle. Grrr.

I have another gift that I need to get done by the end of the month, and though it's boring stockinette stitch, it's at least knitted on size 3s. I'd better get moving on that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there...just a quick hello from your bead it pal!! I am out here watchin you!!!!!

10:34 PM  
Blogger kt said...

Amy,

My computer got brainwashed recently and I lost your email address! This is a heck of a way to do a reveal, but I AM YOUR SP4 SECRET PAL! Send me a note when you can, and take a peek at my beginner blog at kamsarmer.blogspot.com.

Oh yes, there will be one more package coming your way...

Katy

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home