WittyKnits

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

On deck

What happens when I have four projects going simultaneously? Well, my brain turns to thoughts of starting more, of course. :-)

I have been ruminating on what to do with this yarn:

for quite some time. That's about eleventy-billion yards of Suss Cotton that I got when I found two poncho kits on killer sale at a DSW a while back. I have no aspirations of a stockinette poncho, so I've been mulling over what to do with that. My first thought was a sundress, but all the patterns I've found that I like (like the cover of the latest IK) wouldn't exactly lend themselves to striping. So then I found this t-back tank pattern and thought, hey, what about that, and a shrug to go with it?

I'll probably do one of the shrugs from the latest IK, or maybe one from VK. But the shrug pattern I found that I really like is I Do from knitty. Which I wouldn't like in the suss cotton, but I think would look spiffy in this yarn:



but I don't have nearly enough, and besides, I'm using that for a scarf right now. The thing is, I already had plans for another summer weight scarf, out of these two:



So why do I need two summer scarves?? Maybe I'll frog the lace one. I'm not terribly in love with the pattern.

I also need to find a use for this stuff:



That's 14 balls of Patons Grace. I got it on super duper sale, which is why I bought so much. That might be a likely candidate for a dress too. Maybe the one on the cover of the newest Rowan (although I also bought kidsilk haze for a shortie version of that too!) My original thought on this yarn was to use it doubled for the Angelina jacket. I think this would also work for the lacy wrap cardigan in the latest VK.

So many ideas! So much yarn! Will she ever make it through it all? Stay tuned!

4 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Thats a lot of ideas. I think your on the right track. Best of luck.

D

11:42 PM  
Blogger wittyknits said...

Yep, poncho kits at DSW. About the same time, other people were finding these same kits in the gift sections at Barnes & Noble stores. I think, because DSW is owned by the same company that owns Filene's Basement, that they get random things sometimes. (For instance, I get most of my Burt's Bees products there.)

I found these on the clearance table in the back a few months ago.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same amount of that Patons Grace in the same color!!! I am still teying to figure out what to do with it...

your bead it pal

9:49 PM  
Blogger Kim in Oregon said...

A--tag, you're it! Visit my blog for details.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home